Become a Pet Partners Licensed Instructor
A Pet Partners Instructor is an experienced Therapy Animal Team volunteer who has completed and passed training to be licensed to teach prospective new volunteer teams. View the detailed Instructor Volunteer Job Description (pdf) Prerequisites:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be a current registered Pet Partners Therapy Animal Team volunteer for at least two years - either as a Pet Partners volunteer with an animal, or a Pet Partners volunteer without an animal.
- Must have 50 combined hours of visiting experience, or shadowing in the case of a volunteer without an animal, in at least two or more different environments within the previous two years.
- Must identify a licensed Team Evaluator in your area who you are able to direct teams to for evaluation.
Steps to Becoming a Pet Partners Instructor:
- Complete the Pet Partners Instructor Qualification form.
- Once your qualification form has been reviewed and accepted, you will be sent course access instructions.
- Pass the Instructor Online Course
- Submit Instructor Licensing Agreement with payment
Please send your Pet Partners Instructor Qualification form & verfication of hours/environments to Jayne Ryan:
Pet Partners, 875 124th Ave NE, Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98005-2531 – Attn: Jayne Ryan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: