Become a Pet Partners Licensed Team Evaluator
A Pet Partners Licensed Team Evaluator is an experienced therapy animal team volunteer who has completed and passed training to be licensed to evaluate prospective new and renewing therapy animal teams.
Please check out our Online Courses web page
for FAQ's and launch dates. Prerequisites:
First Steps to Becoming a Licensed Team Evaluator:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be a current registered therapy animal team volunteer for at least two years - either as a volunteer with an animal, or a therapy animal program volunteer without an animal. However, a volunteers without an animal must have had the experience of going through the therapy animal program evaluation (can be with another person’s animal). It is not a requirement to pass the evaluation.
- Must have at least a 50+ combined hours of visiting experience in at least two or more different environments within the previous two years.
- Registered Therapy Animal Program volunteers without an animal: You must have shadowed a volunteer team(s) with an animal for at least a 50+ combined hours of visits in two or more different environments within the previous two years. All visits must be documented and signed off on by both the volunteer team and the facility.
- Complete the Team Evaluator Qualification form.
Note: You will need to have your 50+ combined visiting hours in at least two different environments verified by your facility contacts on this form.
Please send your Team Evaluator Qualification form to Jayne Ryan: Mail:
Pet Partners, 875 124th Ave NE, Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98005-2531 – Attn: Jayne Ryan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax:
Further steps will be sent to you upon receipt and approval of your Pet Partners Licensed Team Evaluator Qualification form. Please note:
All potential Team Evaluators will need to attend an in-person Team Evaluator Course Practicum (US locations vary), which includes an assessment of the student's performance during the Practicum. Students are allowed two attempts to pass the Practicum.
Upcoming Team Evaluator Practicums
Check back for upcoming practicum dates for 2013/2014.
Questions? Please contact Jayne Ryan
or (425) 679-5503 for more information.
Team Evaluator Instructor Directory