“It’s fun to go into elderly patients’ rooms at an assisted living facility,
and watch their faces light up as a horse walks in! A horse?!”
Pet Partner with Rebel
Below is the list of acceptable equipment for the Pet Partners Therapy Animal Program.
PLEASE NOTE: If a piece of equipment is not listed, it is NOT acceptable. If you have questions, please ask your Team Evaluator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Premier Gentle Leader Easy-Walk Harness
● Halti Harness
● Freedom Harness
● Sense-ation Harness
● Sense-ible Harness
● Body or step-in harnesses (leash clips to a ring on the back of the animal)
● Buckle, snap, quick-release collars (leather or fabric)
● Limited slip collars (Martingales), if they do not include metal links
● Halters/head collars
● Leashes, no more than 6 feet in length, that are all-leather or all-fabric
● Metal hardware, such as buckles, slip rings, and D-rings