“Medicine hadn’t worked, but 20 minutes with Casey made all the difference.”
volunteers with Casey
In a visit to the Cardiac Care Unit, Jon and his therapy dog Casey helped
reduce a patient’s heart rate back to the normal range.
Pet Partners® Therapy Animal Program
Pet Partners' Therapy Animal Program trains volunteers and screens volunteers and their pets for visiting animal programs in hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, schools and other facilities.
The program was established in 1990 to ensure that "both ends of the leash," people as well as animals, were well-prepared to participate in animal-assisted activity and animal-assisted therapy programs. Pet Partners' Therapy Animal Program is the only national registry that requires volunteer training and screening of animal-handler teams.
Pet Partners' national network links volunteers with facilities in their own communities that request visiting pets and helps volunteer teams contact facilities to begin visits in new locations.
Benefits of becoming a registered Therapy Animal Team
· Pet Partners membership and Interactions magazine,which includes a section for therapy animal teams.
· $2 million primary liability insurance when volunteering. Click HERE for more information.
· Identification badge for handler and collar tag for animal.
· Referral to facilities searching for therapy animal teams.
· Exclusive offers on Pet Partners accessories.
· Opportunity to network with other therapy animal teams.
· Access to licensed Evaluators and Instructors as local resources.
· Support from the Pet Partners office.
· You will also have the satisfaction of helping people in need in your own community!