|Careers at Pet Partners®
Updated: September 5, 2014
Do you have a passion for animals and people? Do you believe in the healing benefits of human-animal interactions? Pet Partners may be the place where you can find career fulfillment.
Pet Partners is a national 501c3 human-services organization dedicated to improving people’s health and well-being through positive interactions with animals. Pet Partners is seeking a tech-savvy, creative, and self-motivated team player who will oversee database, guide stewardship, manage fundraising projects and contribute development expertise as part of a growing team. The successful candidate will demonstrate exemplary customer service and communication skills; strong analytical skills and detail orientation in managing database and related reporting; and flexibility in supporting a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Database administration and data management
- Process all incoming (mail, phone, fax, website) donations, accurately inputting gift details and supporting information into database.
- Maintain, adjust and update donor and gift records for database and historical accuracy.
- Create and run reports, builds mailing lists and queries to assist National Director of Development (NDOD) and other colleagues.
- Direct database coding updates and changes and provide recommendations for restructuring of giving reporting and analysis.
- Provide input for a CRM system migration happening next year from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce.
- Drive the acknowledgment process.
- Assist with relationship manager reminders and Touch process.
- Invoice donors on pledges.
Direct mail management and prospect research:
- Compile mailing lists and serve as primary liaison with mail house.
- Write, edit, proofread and design appeals for targeted audiences to ensure maximum visual and verbal impact.
- Evaluate efficacy of direct mail campaigns and other fundraising initiatives by analyzing results and make recommendations to NDOD and CEO.
- Research and compile information on donors, prospects and new giving methods, identifying opportunities for increased giving.
Reporting, compliance, policies and procedures:
- Complete federal/state employee giving campaign applications.
- Manage reconciliation of incoming gifts with the accounting department on at least a monthly basis.
- Identify and investigate discrepancies between the development and accounting departments.
- Provide administrative support including calendar coordination for NDOD for cultivation and visits.
- Assist with mailing projects and assembly of outreach materials.
- Respond to notifications regarding estate gifts.
- Perform work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of experience with fund development in a non-profit organization; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with CRM / relational databases; Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred (Salesforce, or other considered).
- Intermediate knowledge and skills with PC operation and software including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional customer service orientation, with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, including data entry accuracy managing high-volume workload.
- Ability to leverage technology to support business goals.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and team member.
- Ability to work independently, showing initiative and working effectively and efficiently with minimal direction.
- Enjoys creative and collaborative problem solving and is open to innovation and dynamic change.
Position: Full-time, Exempt – general hours 8:30am - 4:30pm, M-F, in Bellevue Office
Salary & Benefits: DOE with full benefit package; Pet Partners does not cover relocation expenses.
A background check will be conducted on selected applicant(s).
To apply, please submit a résumé and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on September 19, 2014. No phone calls please.